Six Sigma Trainings
February 27, 2023
What is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma is a management strategy which uses data and statistical measurement tools to optimize business processes. Being used initially by big companies such as Motorola and General Electrics (GE), Six Sigma applies instruments and techniques with the aim of eliminating defects and decreasing the process variation.
It does so, by equipping individuals with the necessary expertise to comprehend and practice the Six Sigma methodologies, which concentrate on improving products, services and processes that substantially contribute to the bottom-line profitability of the organizations they work for. Sigma, as a statistical term is employed to assess how far the deviation of given processes differ from perfection. By identifying the number of defects, and then the solutions that eliminate them, you can say that in theory you operate with “Six Sigma quality.” In other words, with 6 Sigma the process will be 99.9997% or 99.7 good and will have no more than 0.00034% or 3.4 defects per million opportunities (DPMO).
Why should you attend?
Six Sigma Yellow Belt training enables you to learn about the fundamental principles of Six Sigma. During this training course, you will be able to understand the main problem solving tools and techniques, and the DMAIC process.
After completing this course, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt” credential. A PECB Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate shows that you have understood the fundamental methodologies of Six Sigma.
Who should attend?
- Individuals committed to process improvement
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the Six Sigma methodology
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in process improvement
- Understand the basic concepts of Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Acknowledge the value of Six Sigma to an organization
- Understand the Six Sigma Yellow Belt tools and techniques used to improve processes, customer satisfaction and efficiency
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
- Day 1: Introduction to Six Sigma methodology
- Day 2: Six Sigma Yellow Belt