ISO 20000 Foundation- Training Course
Training Date :
December 5, 2022
Training Location :
ISO/IEC 20000 – Training Courses & Certification
Imagine that your organization has a tool that supports every step of service lifecycle, from ideation to planning, from delivery to improvement. Such a tool exists in the form of a service management system, based on an internationally recognized standard: ISO/IEC 20000-1.
What is ISO/IEC 20000-1?
Published initially in 2005 and subsequently updated in 2011 and 2018, ISO/IEC 20000-1 is a Type Amanagement system standard that sets out the minimum requirements for an organization to establish, implement, maintain, and continually improve a service management system (SMS).
An SMS consists of policies, processes, resources, objectives, and documented information that are put together and are coordinated to achieve the objectives of the organization. An effective SMS enables organizations to direct and control their service management activities, identify and mitigate risks related to their activities, and identify and realize opportunities that improve service provision.
The requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1 are generic and applicable to organizations of all sizes, sectors, and complexities. According to ISO Survey 2020, there are more than 7,500 certificates issued to organizations worldwide. Contrary to the common misperception that this standard is only applicable to IT infrastructure, ISO/IEC 20000-1 can be used for various other services, including, finance, cloud, business process outsourcing, etc
Why Should You Attend?
The PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation training course presents the basic concepts of service management and the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1 for a service management system (SMS). In this training course you will learn about the various aspects of an SMS, including the context of the organization, top management involvement and activities, planning and resources for the SMS, controls and measures for service delivery activities, performance evaluations, and continual improvement activities.
After completing the training course, you can sit for the exam. If you successfully pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation” credential. An internationally recognized “PECB ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation” certificate demonstrates that you have an overall knowledge of ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements for an SMS and allows you to be part of SMS implementation projects.
Who Should Attend?
The ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation training course is intended for:
- Managers and consultants seeking to acquaint themselves with ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements for an SMS
- Personnel responsible for managing, maintaining, and improving services and service delivery capabilities
- Aspiring professionals seeking knowledge about basic concepts of service management
- Members of SMS implementation and operation teams
- Individuals wishing to pursue a career in service management
By participating in this training course, you will:
- Understand the basic service management concepts, definitions, and approaches
- Get acquainted with the ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements for a service management system
- Develop a general understanding of how an organization can meet the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
The training course is participant centered and contains:
- Lecture sessions illustrated with graphics, examples, and discussions
- Interactions between participants by means of questions and suggestions
- Quizzes with similar structure to the certification exam
There are no prerequisites to participate in this training course.