This three day intensive course enables the participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing corporate governance of Information Technology as specified in ISO/IEC 38500. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement guidance for Corporate Governance of IT from all areas of ISO/IEC 38500. ISO/ IEC 38500 applies to the governance of management processes (and decisions) relating to the information and communication services used by an organization. These processes could be controlled by IT specialists within the organization or external service providers, or by business units within the organization.
What Will I Learn?
- To understand the implementation of guidance for the corporate governance of IT in accordance with ISO/IEC 38500
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of an corporate governance of IT
- To understand the relationship between the components of a corporate governance of IT, including responsibility, strategy, acquisition, performance, conformance, human behavior
- To acquire necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO/IEC 38500
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of corporate governance of Information Technology
- ISO/IEC 38500 auditors who wish to fully understand the corporate governance of IT implementation process
- Senior Managers responsible for the IT governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- Members of groups monitoring the resources within the organization
- External business or technical specialists, such as legal or accounting specialists, retail associations, or professional bodies
- Vendors of hardware, software, communications and other IT products
- Internal and external service providers (including consultants)
- Exam and certification fees are included in the training price
- A student manual containing over 350 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to the participants
- A participation certificate of 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits