ITIL® 4 Service Offerings & Agreement (SOA) Certification Program
ITIL® is a set of best practices guidance that has become a worldwide-adopted framework for IT Service Management by many Public & Private Organizations. Since early 1990, ITIL® has been evolving from focusing on Functions and Processes under versions 1 and 2 to focusing on the Full Service Lifecycle Management under current version.
In addition to the existing benefits of aligning IT goals and objectives with the business, improving quality and reducing cost of operation; ITSM and ITIL® now emphasizes the following areas:
- Assist in transforming IT Service Management onto a strategic business asset
- Assist in defining and managing the complete lifecycle of IT Service Management Process
- Provide guidance on the development of Services Strategy, the development of Service Design, the Transition of Services from current to desired state, the Implementation and the Continuous improvement of those Services
Through lectures and practice exam questions participants explore the concepts of good practice in IT Service Management based on the ITIL® Edition 2011Framework.
The ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Service Offering & Agreement Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in Service Management as documented in the ITIL® publication.
The success in achieving this certification is highly dependent upon participants’ effort in doing their homework, and self-study before and during the program.
What Will I Learn?
- Through a series of lectures designed at achieving a clear understanding of the ITIL® Best Practice lifecycle approach and through various exercises, assignments and discussions, participants can expect to gain the competence in the following areas upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Overview of SOA processes and basic principles
- The value to the business of SOA activities
- How the SOA processes rely on a good business case
- How the SOA processes rely on a good understanding of return on investment (ROI)
- Processes across the service lifecycle pertaining to the service offerings and agreements curriculum: