ISO/IEC 38500 IT Corporate Governance Implementer Course
Mastering the Implementation and Management of Corporate Governance of Information Technology based on ISO/IEC 38500
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise and knowledge to support an organization in implementing and managing Corporate Governance of IT as specified in ISO/IEC 38500:2008. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to appropriately govern a Corporate Governance of IT system across all the principles of ISO/IEC 38500. ISO/IEC 38500 applies to the governance of management processes (and decisions) relating to the information and communication services used by an organization. These processes could be controlled by IT specialists within the organization or external service providers, or by business units within the organization. This training is consistent with COBIT 5 (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology) and CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT).
This training is based on both theory and practice:
Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
Practice test similar to the certification exam
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
What Will I Learn?
- To understand the implementation of the Corporate Governance of IT by adhering to the governance framework and principles of ISO/IEC 38500
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of a Corporate Governance of IT
- To understand the relationship between the components of a Corporate Governance of IT, including responsibility, strategy, acquisition, performance, conformance, and human behavior
- To acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining a Corporate Governance of IT as delineated in ISO/IEC 38500
- To acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing a Corporate Governance of IT
- To develop the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations on best practices in the management of Corporate Governance of IT
- To improve the capacity for analysis and decision making in the context of the management of Corporate Governance of IT