ISO/IEC 27005 with OCTAVE Course
Mastering Risk Evaluation and Optimal Risk Management in Information Security based on ISO/IEC 27005 with the OCTAVE Methodhttps://formatourinc.com
This five-day intensive course, the participants develop the competence to master the basic risk management elements related to all assets of relevance for information security using the ISO/IEC 27005:2011 standard as a reference framework and OCTAVE method. The OCTAVE method (including OCTAVE-S and OCTAVE Allegro) was developed by the CERT. Based on practical exercises and case studies, participants acquire the necessary knowledge and skills needed to perform an optimal information security risk assessment and manage risks in time by being familiar with their life cycle. This training fits perfectly in the framework of an ISO/IEC 27001:2005 standard implementation process.
This training is based on both, theory and practice:
Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
Practice test similar to the certification exam
To benefit from the practical exercises, the number of training participants is limited
What Will I Learn?
- To understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques allowing an effective risk management according to ISO 27005
- To interpret the requirements of ISO 27001 on information security risk management
- To understand the relationship between the information security risk management, the security controls and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization
- To acquire the competence to implement, maintain and manage an ongoing information security risk management program according to ISO 27005
- To acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations on the best practices in information security risk management